1 pound ground lamb
2 tablespoons dijon mustard
2 Tablespoons honey
2 cloves of garlic confit – minced*
2 large handfuls of Stacy’s Pita Chips – crushed in a ziptop bag
1/4 bunch of flat leaf parsley – chopped
3 sprigs rosemary – chopped
1/4 cup Panko Bread Crumbs
Greek Yogurt Sauce:
1/2 Cup Greek Yogurt
2 tavpblespoons of Dijon Mustard
1 tablespoon of Honey
1 T of whole grain mustard
1. Combine the lamb, parsley, 1 egg, mustard, honey, rosemary, garlic confit, salt, pepper, and a handful of the finely crushed pita chips. Depending on the amount of lamb you use, you may need more or less pita chips to absorb the liquid in the meatballs. You’re looking for a loose moist texture.
2. Bake the meatballs in a 375 oven for 20 minutes
3. Let the meatballs cool for a few minutes and then it’s time to fry! Roll each meatball in flour, then an egg wash, then the panko/pita chips mixture.
4. Heat canola oil to medium high and lightly fry each meatball until just golden brown.
5. Serve with greek yogurt sauce.
Greek Yogurt Sauce
1. Combine all ingredients. Taste and adjust to your liking.
Garlic Confit Recipe (from Ad Hoc at Home – Thomas Keller)
1 Head of Garlic peeled with root ends removed
Place all of the garlic cloves in a small sauce pan and cover with an inch of canola oil. Cook for about 40 min on low, small bubbles should slowly rise to the surface and the garlic should not brown too much. Stir every 5 minutes. When the garlic is done, it should be soft and be able to be pierced with a knife. Keep the oil/garlic mixture in an airtight container.
**If you don’t have time to make the garlic confit you can just saute several cloves of minced garlic in oil for a few minutes.